The USC Trojans won their opening game over the Minnesota Golden Gophers, but it wasn't pretty. A large halftime lead devolved into a nail-biting, two-point win. USC will have to improve in their second week, hosting the Utah Utes in the first-ever Pac-12 conference college football game for the Trojans.
The depth chart for week two is largely the same as week one for the Trojans, with no changes at the starters:
- Quarterback: Matt Barkley
- Tailback: D.J. Morgan
- Fullback: Rhett Ellison
- Wide Receiver: Robert Woods, Marqise Lee
- Tight End: Xavier Grimble
- Left Tackle: Matt Kalil
- Left Guard: Jeremy Galten
- Center: Khaled Holmes
- Right Guard: John Martinez
- Right Tackle: Kevin Graf
Redshirt freshman D.J. Morgan led the Trojans with 70 yards rushing and 18 carries against Minnesota, and he gets the start again. The offensive line that allowed no sacks to Minnesota returns intact against the Utes.
- Defensive Ends: Wes Horton, Nick Perry
- Defensive Tackles: Christian Tupou, DaJohn Harris
- Outside Linebackers: Dion Bailey, Hayes Pullard
- Middle Linebacker: Chris Galippo
- Cornerbacks: Nickell Robey, Torin Harris
- Safeties: Jawanza Starling, T.J. McDonald
Torin Harris had the game-clinching interception in the closing minutes against the Gophers on Saturday. Redshirt freshman Hayes Pullard co-led the Trojans in tackles in his first start at outside linebacker.
Saturday's 4:30 p.m. game against Utah will be televised by Versus. For more news and information on the USC Trojans, be sure to read Conquest Chronicles.