The No. 25 USC Trojans open their 2011 college football campaign on Saturday afternoon against the Minnesota Golden Gophers. It is the second consecutive season the Trojans have played the Gophers. Here is the relevant information regarding the game:
- Teams: USC Trojans, Minnesota Golden Gophers
- Time: 12:30 p.m.
- Location: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
- TV: ABC for 79% of the country; the rest can see the game on ESPN2 or ESPN3.com. The game will be broadcast by Carter Blackburn, Brock Huard, and Shelley Smith
- Rankings: USC is ranked No. 25 in the Associated Press poll; the Trojans are ranked No. 10 in the preseason Sagarin ratings, while Minnesota is No. 81.
- Favorite: The Trojans are favored by 24 points, per Bodog
- Last Meeting: USC beat Minnesota 32-21 last season in Minneapolis, and is 5-1-1 all-time against the Gophers.
- Streaks: USC has won 13 straight season openers, and has won 11 straight games against the Big Ten Conference.
For more news and information on USC football, be sure to read Conquest Chronicles.