The No. 25 USC Trojans open their 2011 college football campaign on Saturday, September 3 with a battle against the Minnesota Golden Gophers at the Los Angeles Coliseum. These two teams have met seven times, with the Trojans holding a 5-1-1 advantage in the all-time series. Minnesota hasn't battled USC in Los Angeles for 32 years:
- 2011 - No. 20 USC 32, at Minnesota 21: The Gophers took a 14-13 lead late in the third quarter, but Robert Woods returned the ensuing kickoff 97 yards for a touchdown, igniting a run of 19 unanswered points by the Trojans.
- 1980 - No. 5 USC 24, at Minnesota 7: Junior running back Marcus Allen ran for 216 yards and two touchdowns.
- 1979 - at No. 1 USC 48, Minnesota 14: The Trojans ran for 311 yards to run their record to 3-0-0.
1968 - No. 2 USC 29, at No. 16 Minnesota 20: O.J. Simpson slashed his way for 236 rushing yards and four touchdowns in the season opener for both teams.
- 1965 - at No. 7 USC 20, Minnesota 20: The Trojans tied the game on a touchdown with 6:24 remaining, but a missed extra point and later missed field goal by USC ensured the sister-kisser.
- 1955 - at Minnesota 25, No. 10 USC 19
1953 - at No. 8 USC 17, Minnesota 7
For more on USC football, check out Conquest Chronicles. For more on Minnesota football, head to the Daily Gopher.