The USC Trojans and UCLA Bruins do battle for the 81st time on Saturday night at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. USC is ineligible for postseason play, but is looking for a 10-win season for the eighth time in the last 10 years. UCLA already clinched a berth in the Pac-12 Championship Game, but need a win for bragging rights and to avoid heading into their bowl game at 6-7. Here is a look at the matchup, by the numbers:
Series History: The Trojans lead the all-time series with the Bruins 45-28-7, and have won four straight and 11 of the last 12 meetings.
- Odds: USC is favored over UCLA by 16 points, per Odds Shark.
- Scoring Offense: USC averages 34.5 points per game, third in the Pac-12; UCLA is at 25.3 points, 10th in the conference. Incidentally, the Trojans have scored exactly 28 points in each of the last three meetings with the Bruins. UCLA came within 23 seconds of scoring exactly seven points in four straight games against USC, but the Bruins added a touchdown in the final minute last year.
- Scoring Defense: USC (25.7 ppg, 6th); UCLA (29.1 ppg, 7th)
- Total Offense: USC (446.3 yards per game, 5th); UCLA (393.8 ypg, 8th)
- Total Defense: USC (373.8 ypg, 4th); UCLA (397.4 ypg, 7th)
- Rushing Offense: UCLA (199.5 ypg, 3rd); USC (163.8 ypg, 4th)
Rushing Defense: USC (110.3 ypg, 3rd); UCLA (180.8 ypg, 10th)
- Pass Offense: USC (282.5 ypg, 5th); UCLA (194.3 ypg, 11th)
- Pass Defense: UCLA (216.5 ypg, 3rd); USC (263.5 ypg, 9th)
- Interceptions: UCLA (12, 4th); USC (eight, tied for 9th)
- Sacks By: USC (26, 5th); UCLA (12, 11th)
- Sacks Against: USC (seven, 1st); UCLA (16, 4th)
Third Down Conversions: USC (47.5%, 2nd); UCLA (36.2%, 10th)
- Opponents' Third Down Conversions: USC (41.3%, 6th); UCLA (49.1%, 11th)
- Turnover Margin: UCLA (-1, 7th); USC (-2, 8th)
- Red Zone Offense: UCLA (80%, 40 of 50, 32 touchdowns, eight field goals; tied for 8th); USC (79.2%, 38 of 48, 28 TD, 10 FG; 10th)
Red Zone Defense: USC (81.4%, 35 of 43, 28 TD, seven FG; 6th); UCLA (90.5%, 38 of 42, 28 TD, 10 FG; 11th)
Saturday night's 7 p.m. PST game will be televised by Prime Ticket. For more UCLA football news and analysis, be sure to read Bruins Nation. For USC football information, be sure to read Conquest Chronicles.