Here are some numbers for today's game at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum between the USC Trojans and Cal Bears.
- USC ranks 13th nationally in total offense, at 476.0 yards per game
- Cal ranks eighth nationally in total defense, at 254.8 yards per game
- Cal ranks 49th nationally in total offense, at 404.8 yards per game
- USC ranks 100th nationally in total defense, at 428.7 yards per game, their most allowed since records were kept beginning in 1955.
- USC has given up 287.5 yards per game passing, which ranks 115th out of 120 FBS teams, and more yards per game than Cal has given up in total.
- Cal allowed 52 points in a loss to Nevada on September 17, but has allowed 27 points in their other four games combined.
- USC Quarterback Matt Barkley ranks 14th nationally and second in the Pac-10 in passing efficiency, with a 162.0 rating.
- USC wide receiver Robert Woods ranks 20th nationally and third in the Pac-10 in all-purpose yards, with 152.5 per game.
- This game features three of the top seven wide receivers in the Pac-10, ranked by yards per game: Woods (fourth, 79.8 ypg), Marvin Jones of Cal (fifth, 75.6 ypg), and Ronald Johnson of USC (seventh, 69.8 ypg)
- Cal running back Shane Vereen ranks 13th nationally and second in the Pac-10 with 115.4 rushing yards per game, and ranks fourth nationally and leads the Pac-10 in scoring, with 12.0 points per game.
For more USC news and analysis, be sure to read the SB Nation blog Conquest Chronicles.