The UCLA Bruins open their 2011 college football season with a road contest against the Houston Cougars on Saturday. Four days before kickoff, head coach Rick Neuheisel has yet to announce whether Kevin Prince or Richard Brehaut will start at quarterback. That decision is expected Wednesday, but the rest of the depth chart is pretty much set for the Bruins:
- Quarterback: TBD
- Halfback: Johnathan Franklin (Jr.)
- Fullback: Anthony Barr (So.)
- Wide Receivers: Nelson Rosario (Sr.) and Shaq Evans (So.) or Randall Carroll (Jr.)
- Tight End: Cory Harkey (Sr.)
- Tackles: Sean Sheller (Sr.), Mike Harris (Sr.)
- Guards: Greg Capella (So.) and Chris Ward (So.) or Alberto Cid (So.)
- Center: Kai Maiava (Sr.)
Junior guard Jeff Baca is listed first on the depth chart at weak-side guard for UCLA, but is still recovering from a broken ankle. Baca likely won't be ready until the Bruins' second game, against San Jose State, per Chris Foster of the Los Angeles Times.
- Left End: Datone Jones (Jr.)
- Defensive Tackles: Cassius Marsh (So.), Justin Edison (Sr.)
- Right End: Damien Holmes (Jr.)
- Outside Linebackers: Glenn Love (Sr.), Sean Westgate (Sr.)
- Middle Linebacker: Patrick Larimore (Jr.)
- Cornerbacks: Aaron Hester (Jr.), Sheldon Price (Jr.)
- Safeties: Dalton Hilliard (Jr.), Tony Dye (Sr.)
Jeff Locke (Jr.) will resume punting and kickoff duties, though it is unclear whether or not he will place kick for the Bruins. Locke could split time with freshmen Kip Smith or Joe Roberts at the position.
For more news and information on UCLA Bruins football, be sure to read Bruins Nation.