The UCLA Bruins are set to battle the Oregon Ducks, ranked number one in both college football human polls, tonight at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Oregon. The Bruins have not beaten a top-ranked team since defeating the Ohio State Buckeyes, 23-10 in the 1976 Rose Bowl. Here's a look at UCLA's games against No. 1 teams in the AP poll since that victory 34 years ago:
- December 3, 2005: No. 1 USC 66, No. 11 UCLA 19
- December 4, 2004: No. 1 USC 29, UCLA 24
- September 20, 2003: No. 1 Oklahoma 59, UCLA 24
- September 6, 1986: No. 1 Oklahoma 38, No. 4 UCLA 3
- September 22, 1984: No. 1 Nebraska 42, No. 8 UCLA 3
- September 24, 1983: No. 1 Nebraska 42, UCLA 10
UCLA is 4-10 all-time against AP No. 1 teams. This is the first time ever that the Bruins are facing a No. 1 team in the Pac-10 that isn't USC.
The Bruins lead the all-times series with Oregon 39-24, although they have lost seven of their last nine encounters. UCLA is 17-11 in Oregon, although they last beat the Ducks at Autzen Stadium in 2004, a 24-26 Bruins' victory.
Coach Rick Neuheisel is 4-3 all-time against Oregon, but has lost both games as head coach of UCLA.
For more Bruins news and analysis, be sure to read the SB Nation blog Bruins Nation.