The Los Angeles Lakers open their quest for a third straight NBA championship with a first-round matchup against the New Orleans Hornets. Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, and the gang will open their series on Sunday afternoon with a nationally televised game on ABC. Here is the national broadcast television schedule (local TV schedule to be determined) for the Lakers vs. Hornets (all times PDT):
- Game 1 - Sunday, April 17, 12:30 p.m.at Los Angeles (ABC)
- Game 2 - Wednesday, April 20, 7:30 p.m. at Los Angeles (TNT)
- Game 3 - Friday, April 22, 6:30 p.m. at New Orleans (ESPN)
- Game 4 - Sunday, April 24, 6:30 p.m. at New Orleans (TNT)
- Game 5* - Tuesday, April 26, TBD at Los Angeles (tbd)
- Game 6* - Thursday, April 28, TBD at New Orleans (tbd)
- Game 7* - Saturday, April 30, TBD at Los Angeles (TNT)
The Lakers were 4-0 against New Orleans during the regular season.
For more news on this first-round matchup, be sure to stay tuned to this story stream at SB Nation Los Angeles. For more NBA playoff coverage, check out SB Nation's playoff bracket and schedule. For more news and information on the Lakers, be sure to read the SB Nation blog Silver Screen and Roll.