The Los Angeles Clippers finished the 2011-2012 regular season with the best winning percentage (.606) in franchise history and made the NBA playoffs for the first time since 2006. They had a chance to clinch home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs, but a pair of losses in their final two games opened the door for the Memphis Grizzlies, who won their final six games to claim the No. 4 seed in the Western Conference.
The Clippers beat the Grizzlies in two of their three meetings this season, but the home team won all three games. Here is a look at the first round NBA playoff schedule between the No. 5 Clippers and the No. 4 Grizzlies, which begins Sunday in Memphis (all times PDT):
- Game 1: Sunday at FedEx Forum, 6:30 p.m. (TNT)
- Game 2: Tuesday at FedEx Forum, 6:30 p.m. (TNT)
- Game 3: Saturday, May 5 at Staples Center, 1:30 p.m. (ESPN)
- Game 4: Monday, May 7 at Staples Center, TBD (TV TBD)
Game 5: Wednesday, May 9 at FedEx Forum, TBD* (TV TBD)
Game 6: Friday, May 11 at Staples Center, TBD* (TV TBD)
- Game 7: Sunday, May 13 at FedEx Forum, TBD* (TV TBD)
For more news and notes on Clippers basketball and this first round NBA playoff matchup, be sure to read Clips Nation.