Stage 13 of the 2012 Tour de France came down to the final meters in a sprint between Andre Greipel (Lotto-Belisol) and Peter Sagan (Liquigas-Cannondale), with Greipel pulling out his third win of the 2012 Tour after throwing his bike over the line to edge out Sagan. Edvald Boasson Hagen (Sky) came in third.
There were no major changes in the General Classification standings, as overall leader Bradley Wiggins managed to stay near the front of the race and avoid any trouble. The peloton split in the final 20km, with sharp winds and a short, nasty climb leaving numerous rider struggling. World champion Mark Cavendish (Sky) was among them, and the perpetual sprint favorite was denied a chance at another stage win. Cadel Evans (BMC) attacked on the way up the final climb, but Wiggins was able to stay with him and Evans made no progress in the GC standings.
The General Classification following Stage 13:
1) Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky Procycling 59:32:32
2) Christopher Froome (GBr) Sky Procycling +2:05
3) Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale +2:23
4) Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team +3:19
5) Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Bel) Lotto Belisol Team +4:48
6) Haimar Zubeldia Agirre (Spa) RadioShack-Nissan +6:15
7) Tejay Van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team +6:57
8) Janez Brajkovic (Slo) Astana Pro Team +7:30
9) Pierre Rolland (Fra) Team Europcar +8:31
10) Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ-Big Mat +8:51