The running of the 2012 Belmont Stakes will not be as entertaining without Triple Crown candidate I'll Have Another in the field, but we should still be in for a great day of racing on Saturday. The new favorites to watch for: Dullahan, who is at 5-1 odds, Union Rags at 6-1 odds and Paynter at 8-1.
The three biggest long shots on Saturday will be Ravelo's Boy, Five Sixteen and Guyana Star Dweej, who are all at 50-1 odds. Not exactly the numbers you look for if placing a bet on a horse, but it would be quite the story if one of these three could pull off a victory.
Here are the rest of the updated odds for the field:
1. Street Life (Jose Lezcano, 12-1)
2. Unstoppable U (Junior Alvarado, 30-1)
3. Union Rags (John Velazquez, 6-1)
4. Atigun (Julien Leparoux, 30-1)
5. Dullahan (Javier Castellano, 5-1)
6. Ravelo's Boy (Alex Solis, 50-1)
7. Five Sixteen (Rosie Napravnik, 50-1)
8. Guyana Star Dweej (Kent Desormeaux, 50-1)
9. Paynter (Mike Smith, 8-1)
10. Optimizer (Corey Nakatani, 20-1)
I'll Have Another (Mario Gutierrez, 4-5) SCRATCHED
11. My Adonis (Ramon Dominguez, 20-1)
The post time for the Belmont Stakes is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. PST.
For continued updates, news and late-breaking stories at the Belmont Stakes and all of horse racing in general, make sure to check out SB Nation's awesome horse racing blog, And Down The Stretch They Come.