The 37th annual Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach takes place on Sunday, throughout the streets of Long Beach. After three days of special events, qualifying events, and publicity moments, race day is finally here. Today's race will be televised on Versus, beginning at 12:30 p.m. PDT.
Saturday night at Dodger Stadium, driver Marco Andretti threw out the ceremonial first pitch to Tommy Lasorda. Actually, Andretti threw out two first pitches because his first attempt was so bad and sailed over Lasorda's head. Here is a schedule of Sunday's events:
- 8:00 - 8:15 a.m. Firestone Indy Lights Practice
- 8:25 - 8:55 a.m. World Challenge Qualifying
- 9:15 - 9:45 a.m. IndyCar Practice
- 10:40 a.m. Grid Firestone Indy Lights Cars/Indy Lights Pre-Race
- 11:05 a.m. - 12:05 p.m. Firestone Indy Lights Race
- 12:30 p.m. IZOD IndyCar Series Pre-Race Ceremonies
- 1:15 - 3:30 p.m. Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (Race number 3 of the 2011 IZOD IndyCar Series)
- 3:40 - 3:55 p.m. Team Drifting Challenge
- 4:15 - 5:15 p.m. Pirelli World Challenge Championships Presented by Stop Tech Race
Ryan Hunter-Reay of Team IZOD Honda Dal won last year's race. Will Power, the winner in 2008, won the pole position for today's event. Today's race will be televised on Versus, beginning at 12:30 p.m. PDT. To view the course map, click here.
You can head back over to the Grand Prix's official website for more information on all of the events that will take place.