The Los Angeles Dodgers open their 2011 season hosting their longtime rivals and defending World Series champion San Francisco Giants for four games at Dodger Stadium. Clayton Kershaw and Tim Lincecum will battle in the opener on ESPN. The series with the Giants is part of a 12-game opening stretch within the National League West. Here is a look at the schedule for April:
- March 31 - April 3: vs. San Francisco Giants (4)
- April 5-6: at Colorado Rockies (2)
- April 8-10: at San Diego Padres (3)
- April 11-13: at San Francisco Giants (3)
- April 14-17: vs. St. Louis Cardinals (4)
- April 18-21: vs. Atlanta Braves (4)
- April 22-24: at Chicago Cubs (3)
- April 25-27: at Florida Marlins (3)
- April 29 - May 1: vs. San Diego Padres (3)
Counting the March 31 game, the Dodgers play 14 home games and 14 games on the road in the opening month, with the toughest stretch the 11-game stretch in the middle of the month against the Giants, Albert Pujols and the Cardinals, and the Braves, who were also in the playoffs last season and figure to be in the race again this season.
For more Dodgers news and information, be sure to read the SB Nation blog True Blue LA.