The 2011 NBA Three-Point Contest is the longest-running event of All-Star Saturday Night, as it has been held continuously since 1986. Two Celtics -- Ray Allen and Paul Pierce -- are among the six competitors in tonight's three-point contest, so expect some boos from the partisan Staples Center crowd in Los Angeles. Here are the details of tonight's long distance shootout:
- Official Name: 2011 Foot Locker Three-Point Contest
- TV Broadcast: TNT, as part of the NBA All-Star Saturday Night broadcast
- Time: Sometime around 6:30 p.m. PST; the TNT broadcast runs from 5:30 to 8 p.m., with two events in front of the dunk contest
- Competitors: Defending champ Pierce and his Boston teammate Allen
- Former Champs: Pierce won last year, while Allen won way back in 2011, when he was in Milwaukee. Find out the past winners here.
- Why You Should Watch: Well, Ray Allen has made more three-pointers in NBA history. Or, you could see Pierce, who played at Morningside High in nearby Inglewood, try to do what he did last year:
NBA All-Star Saturday Night begins it's telecast on TNT at 5:30 p.m. PST. The Foot Locker Three-Point Contest will be the third event of the night, following Haier Shooting Stars and the Taco Bell Skills Competition with the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest to follow.