The story at the 2011 Chevron World Challenge through the first two rounds has been the play of Tiger Woods, who is looking for his first PGA Tour win in over two years. Woods shot a five-under par 67 on Friday, tied for low round of the day, to take a three-shot lead into the weekend at Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks, California.
"Two days is nice, but four days is even better. I know I’m playing better, and it’s nice to see my position on the leaderboard equating to it," Woods said on Friday, per Doug Ferguson of the Associated Press. Woods will be in the final pairing along with Matt Kuchar, who also shot a 67 on Friday. Here are the tee times for the third round on Saturday (all times PST):
- 9:32 a.m.: Martin Laird (+7) and Webb Simpson (+8)
- 9:43 a.m.: Nick Watney (+5) and Keegan Bradley (+7)
- 9:54 a.m.: Bill Haas (+3) and Paul Casey (+3)
- 10:05 a.m.: Steve Stricker (+1) and Bo Van Pelt (+2)
- 10:16 a.m.: Bubba Watson (+1) and Jim Furyk (+1)
- 10:27 a.m.: Jason Day (-2) and Gary Woodland (-1)
- 10:38 a.m.: Hunter Mahan (-4) and Rickie Fowler (-3)
- 10:49 a.m.: K.J. Choi (-5) and Zach Johnson (-4)
11:00 a.m.: Tiger Woods (-8) and Matt Kuchar (-5)
Woods' last PGA Tour victory came in September 2009 at the BMW Championship, and his last win overall as in November 2009 at the Australian Masters.
The third round of the Chevron World Challenge will be televised by Golf Channel from 10 a.m. to noon, with NBC taking over from noon to 3 p.m. PST. For all your golf needs, be sure to read Waggle Room.