Syracuse and USC haven't played college football against one another in Los Angeles in 87 years. They will change that Saturday night, as the Orange visit the Trojans at Memorial Coliseum. Both teams are 2-0, with 'Cuse defeating Wake Forest and Rhode Island and USC winning over Minnesota and Utah. Here are the relevant details for Saturday's game:
- Teams: Syracuse Orange, USC Trojans
Time: 5:00 p.m. PDT
- Location: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, Cal.
- TV: Broadcast nationally on FX
- Radio: ESPN 710 AM, SIRIUS XM 149/192.
- Rankings: Neither team is ranked in either the Associated Press poll or the USA Today Coaches poll. USC is 27th overall in the voting for the AP Top 25, with 73 votes.
- Favorite: USC is favored by 15 points, per Bodog.
- Last Meeting: The Trojans beat the Orange 34-16 at The Meadowlands in New Jersey back in 1990. The last time the schools met at the Coliseum was 1924, and the Trojans defeated Syracuse 16-0 in the Coliseum. USC is 2-0 all-time against the Orange.
- Streaks: Both USC and Syracuse have three game winning streaks, as the Orange won the New Era Pinstripe Bowl and the Trojans defeated UCLA to end their respective 2010 campaigns.