The USC Trojans achieved their highest Associated Press ranking of the season last week after upsetting the Oregon Ducks in Eugene, checking in at No. 10. Matt Barkley and the Trojans closed their season on Saturday night with a 50-0 drubbing of the rival UCLA Bruins, but don't look for USC (10-2) to climb in the AP poll with the college football rankings are released on Sunday morning.
While the Trojans' victory was impressive, there simply isn't much room to climb. Only one of the top 15 teams in the AP poll lost during Thanksgiving weekend, and that was the No. 3 Arkansas Razorbacks, who fell to the top team in the country, the LSU Tigers.
- No. 1 LSU beat No. 3 Arkansas at home, 41-17
- No. 2 Alabama beat Auburn on the road, 42-14
- No. 3 Arkansas lost to No. 1 LSU on the road, 41-17
- No. 4 Stanford beat No. 22 Notre Dame at home, 28-14
- No. 5 Oklahoma State had a bye week
- No. 6 Virginia Tech beat No. 24 Virginia on the road, 38-0
- No. 7 Boise State beat Wyoming at home, 36-14
- No. 8 Houston beat Tulsa on the road, 48-16
- No. 9 Oregon beat Oregon State at home, 49-21
- No. 10 USC beat UCLA at home, 50-0
- No. 11 Michigan State beat Northwestern on the road, 31-17
- No. 12 Oklahoma beat Iowa State at home, 26-6
- No. 13 Georgia beat No. 25 Georgia Tech on the road, 31-17
- No. 14 South Carolina beat No. 18 Clemson on the road, 34-13
- No. 15 Wisconsin beat No. 20 Penn State at home, 45-7
Look for the Oregon, Stanford, and USC to remain in the top 10, giving the Pac-12 conference three teams in the top 10.
For USC football information, be sure to read Conquest Chronicles.