The No. 21 USC Trojans take their show on the road this week, facing the Colorado Buffaloes Friday night at Folsom Field in a nationally televised game on ESPN. This is the first-ever Pac-12 Conference meeting between the two schools, but there is a history between USC and Colorado.
The Trojans have faced the Buffaloes five times, and have five wins to show for it. Here's a look at their history, with their last meeting coming in 2002:
- 2002 (in Boulder): No. 17 USC 40, No. 18 Colorado 3
- 2000 (in Los Angeles): No. 11 USC 17, Colorado 14
- 1964 (in Los Angeles): USC 21, Colorado 0
- 1963 (in Boulder): No. 1 USC 14, Colorado 0
- 1927 (in Los Angeles): USC 46, Colorado 7
USC has outscored Colorado 138-24 in their five wins, allowing just three touchdowns in five games. In two games in Boulder, the Trojans have not allowed a touchdown and have outscored the Buffaloes 54-3 in those two contests.
Friday's 6 p.m. PDT game will be televised nationally by ESPN, with Dave Lamont and Rod Gilmore on the call. For more USC football news and notes, be sure to read Conquest Chronicles.