The UCLA Bruins face their toughest test of the young college football season on Saturday afternoon, hosting the No. 23 Texas Longhorns at The Rose Bowl. The Bruins are coming off their first win of the season, a 27-17 win over San Jose State at home on September 10. Here are the important details involving Saturday's contest:
- Teams: UCLA Bruins, Texas Longhorns
- Time: 12:30 p.m. PDT
- Location: The Rose Bowl
- TV: ABC (or ESPN in some markets). Bob Wischusen, Bob Davie, and Samantha Steele will call the game.
Rankings: Texas is ranked No. 23 in the Associated Press poll, and No. 21 in the USA Today coaches poll.
- Favorite: The Longhorns are a four-point road favorite over the Bruins, per Bodog.
- Last Meeting: The Bruins went into Austin last year and ran all over Texas, pulling away for a 34-12 victory. At the time it was thought to be a big win for UCLA, but has failed to springboard them as the Bruins are 3-7 since that game.
- History: UCLA leads the all-time series with Texas 3-2, and has won the last three meetings.
For more on UCLA football, check out Bruins Nation.