It wasn't easy, but the Los Angeles Lakers found a way to advance in the NBA playoffs. The Lakers beat the Denver Nuggets Saturday night in Game 7 of their first round series at Staples Center, but there is no rest for the weary. The Lakers now advance to play the No. 2 seed Oklahoma City Thunder in the second round.
Thanks to the truncated schedule brought on by the NBA lockout, there was a possibility of back-to-back games in the playoffs. That is the case in this series, as the Lakers and Thunder play Friday and Saturday in Game 3 and Game 4, respectively, in Los Angeles. Here is the full schedule for the second round series (all times PDT):
- Game 1: Monday, May 14 at Oklahoma City, 6:30 p.m. (TNT)
- Game 2: Wednesday, May 16 at Oklahoma City, 6:30 p.m. (TNT)
- Game 3: Friday, May 18 at Los Angeles, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN)
- Game 4: Saturday, May 19 at Los Angeles, 7:30 p.m. (TNT)
- Game 5*: Monday, May 21 at Oklahoma City, TBD (TNT)
- Game 6*: Wednesday, May 23 at Los Angeles, TBD (ESPN)
- Game 7*: Sunday, May 27 at Oklahoma City, TBD (TNT)
For more news and notes regarding Lakers basketball, be sure to read Silver Screen and Roll.