The Los Angeles Lakers won their fifth consecutive Pacific Division crown this season, and with that came the No. 3 seed in the Western Conference. The Lakers will open their 2012 NBA playoff run with a first round matchup against the Denver Nuggets, who clinched the No. 6 seed with a win in their regular season finale on Thursday night.
The series opens Sunday afternoon at Staples Center with a nationally televised game on ABC. Here is the full first round series schedule for Lakers vs. Nuggets (all times PDT):
- Game 1: Sunday at Staples Center, 12:30 p.m. (ABC)
- Game 2: Tuesday at Staples Center, 7:30 p.m. (TNT, Fox Sports West)
- Game 3: Friday, May 4 at Pepsi Center, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN, KCAL)
- Game 4: Sunday, May 6 at Pepsi Center, 6:30 p.m. (TNT, KCAL)
- Game 5: Tuesday, May 8 at Staples Center, TBD* (Fox Sports West locally, national TV TBD)
Game 6: Thursday, May 10 at Pepsi Center, TBD* (KCAL locally, national TV TBD)
- Game 7: Tuesday, May 12 at Staples Center, TBD* (TNT, Fox Sports West)
For more news and notes on Lakers basketball, be sure to read Silver Screen and Roll.