The Lakers and Mavericks begin their second-round NBA playoff series Monday night at Staples Center. These two franchises haven't met in the playoffs since 1988, and the heavily-anticipated battle between two 57-win teams should be a fun series. Game 1 is Monday night at 7:30 p.m. PDT, and will be televised by TNT. Here's a look at the probable starting lineups for both teams, with some notes for each player:
- Point Guard - Jason Kidd: He has made the playoffs in each of the last 15 seasons, the longest active streak in the NBA
- Shooting Guard - DeShawn Stevenson: Loses minutes to sixth man Jason Terry, but hit eight threes in Game 4 against Portland in the first round
- Small Forward - Shawn Marion: Averaged 14.0 points and 7.0 rebounds in the first round
- Power Forward - Dirk Nowitzki: Has posted 28 career playoff games with 30 points and 10 rebounds, including the Game 6 clincher against the Blazers
- Center - Tyson Chandler: Had 20 rebounds, including a whopping 13 offensive boards in Game 5 against Portland
- Point Guard - Derek Fisher: No active NBA player has been a part of more playoff series wins than Fisher's 34
- Shooting Guard - Kobe Bryant: Kobe has averaged at least 20 points for a Laker-record 29 straight playoff series
- Small Forward - Ron Artest: Won the 2010-2011 J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award last week
- Power Forward - Pau Gasol: Averaged just 13.5 points and 6.8 rebounds in the first round against New Orleans
Center - Andrew Bynum: Controlled the middle in the first round against the Hornets, averaging 15.2 points, 10.3 boards, and 1.8 blocks per contest.
For more news on this second-round matchup, be sure to stay tuned to this story stream at SB Nation Los Angeles. For more NBA playoff coverage, check out SB Nation's playoff bracket and schedule. For more news and information on the Lakers, be sure to read the SB Nation blog Silver Screen and Roll.