The Los Angeles Lakers get ready to open their NBA playoff series with the New Orleans Hornets, starting with Game 1 at Staples Center at 12:30 p.m. PDT on ABC. The Lakers beat the Hornets in all four regular season meetings. Here's a look at some Lakers' NBA playoff facts and figures:
- The Lakers have made the playoffs in 46 of the last 51 years, since they moved to Los Angeles. They are 36-10 in their opening round playoff series.
- The Lakers are 34-12 in Games 1 of their opening playoff series.
- When the Lakers have home court advantage in the first round, they have won 33 of 35 series in the first round.
- The Lakers are 67-34 in Game 1 of a best-of-seven series, in any round of the playoffs
- When the Lakers win Game 1 of a best-of-seven series, they have won 60 of 67 series.
Phil Jackson, when winning Game 1 of any postseason series, is 48-0, including 24-0 with the Bulls and 24-0 with the Lakers.
For more news on this first-round matchup, be sure to stay tuned to this story stream at SB Nation Los Angeles. For more NBA playoff coverage, check out SB Nation's playoff bracket and schedule. For more news and information on the Lakers, be sure to read the SB Nation blog Silver Screen and Roll.