The Los Angeles Dodgers beat the Milwaukee Brewers 7-6 on Tuesday afternoon at Camelback Ranch in Glendale, Arizona. Andre Ethier continued his torrid spring training with a two-run home run off Marco Estrada in the fifth inning. Ethier this spring has 10 extra-base hits in 11 games, with six doubles, two triples, and two home runs, all while hitting .440.
"Right now he looks like himself, and like he did a couple of years ago," Mattingly said of Ethier. "He's one of the best hitters in the league when he's going right."
Chad Billingsley struggled early, and allowed three runs in 4 2/3 innings, two runs coming on a wind-aided pop fly home run by Brooks Conrad in the second inning. "I was executing pitches and just missed with some of them," Billingsley said.
- Dee Gordon tripled and doubled in the first two innings and had three hits on the day. "He's getting a good feel of when to take, when not to take, and when to be aggressive. He's going to keep getting better," said manager Don Mattingly.
- Infielder Ivan De Jesus has a tear in his left oblique, MRI results showed. He hurt himself while swinging during an at-bat on Saturday night against the San Francisco Giants.
- Matt Guerrier threw his first bullpen session in over a week on Tuesday, throwing 25-30 pitches. "I wasn't too worried. I just wanted to keep throwing," said Guerrier.
- Ryan Braun was in the starting lineup for the Brewers but was a late scratch with groin tightness.
- The Dodgers face the San Diego Padres on Wednesday, with Ted Lilly facing Tim Stauffer at Camelback Ranch.
For all news and information regarding the Los Angeles Dodgers, please visit True Blue LA.