The Angels will be looking for their season high-tying fifth straight win tonight as they face the Chicago White Sox in Anaheim in a two-game series. Over the weekend the Angels pulled off a three game sweep of the struggling Baltimore Orioles that has put them back in the hunt for the AL West title. In the series win over Baltimore, the Halos took advantage multiple scoring opportunities and outscored their opponent 24-12, something the inconsistent Angles offense has struggled with all season.
Ervin Santana (9-9, 3.12 ERA) will look to bounce back from his first loss since June 21st. In his last start, the right-hander allowed a season high 10 hits over 7.2 innings in a 4-3 loss to the Texas Rangers.
- Angels pitchers lead the American League with a 3.47 ERA and 79 quality starts.
- The Angels are 19-17 since the All-Star break.
- Peter Bourjos is hitting .391 in the month of August. He has raised his average from .265 to .286.
- With last night's win, the Angels avoided being swept at home in a 4-game series against the Rangers.
- In 23 games, Scott Downs has not allowed an earned run at home this season. The lowest home ERA for a reliever in Angels history (25 games) is 1.01 by Donnie Moore in 1985.
Who's Hot - Last 14 Days:
Torii Hunter - 16 for his last 49 (.327), 1 2B, 1 3B, 23HR, 10 RBI
Peter Bourjos - 21 for his last 50 (.420), 3 2B, 2 3B, 4 HR
Juan Pierre - 18 for his last 55 (.327),2 2B, 1 HR, 11 RBI
Paul Konerko - 19 for his last 46 (.294, 3 2B, 2 HR, 11 RBI
Tyler Flowers - 10 for his last 27 (.370), 3 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR
Who's Cold - Last 14 Days:
Erick Aybar - 7 for his last 46 (.152)
Vernon Wells - 6 for his last 43 (.140)
Alex Rios - 7 for his last 40 (.175)
Carlos Quentin - 6 for his last 36 (.167)
Gordon Beckham - 7 for his last 41 (.171)
Game time is 7:05pm (PDT) and will be show on Fox Sports West. For more Angels' news, be sure to check out Halos Heaven.