Bubba Watson managed a nice payout from the 2012 Masters. The total purse was $8 million overall just like last season, and Watson took home a good chunk of it, earning $1.44 million for the victory. Louis Oosthuizen finished in second place with $864,000.
How did each of the golfers with connections to Los Angeles fare?
- Fred Couples and Hunter Mahan were in a tie for 12th, finishing two-under par, grabbing $156,800 each.
- Rickie Fowler finished tied for 27th, going two-over par, taking $56,800.
- Tiger Woods finished in a tie for 40th with a round of five-over par, winning $32,000.
- Kevin Chappell finished in a tie for 44th with a round of six-over par, grabbing $26,400.
- Patrick Cantlay finished as the top amateur at seven-over in a tie for 47th. As an amateur he wasn't eligible for earnings.
- Mark O'Meara withdrew.
- Brendan Steele missed the cut at 12-over. Craig Stadler missed the cut with a combined two rounds of 163 (19-over overall). They received no earnings for their efforts.