Three golfers with Los Angeles connections are making a mark on the 2012 Masters. Hunter Mahan started with three birdies on the first five holes to go up to -3. He bogeyed six and seven to fall to one-under, but he's holding steady through Amen Corner.
Patrick Cantlay (the amateur from UCLA) put up a solid opening round, with only blemishes on the seventh and eleventh holes. Cantlay managed birdies on the second, fifth and fifteenth holes.
Kevin Chappell finished one-under, overcoming five bogeys with four birdies, including an eagle on 13.
- Tiger Woods finished at even par.
- Fred Couples bogeyed 10 and 11 to fall to +1.
- Mark O'Meara withdrew from the Masters with an injury, apparently a pulled muscle in his ribs.
- Craig Stadler shot a disastrous 81, bogeying six of the first nine holes (including four straight on 4, 5, 6, and 7).
- Rickie Fowler had three birdies and five bogeys to finish with a round of 74.
- Brendan Steele finished with a round of 76, bogeying all three holes on Amen Corner.
Full leaderboard of the 2012 Masters can be found here.