The 2012 NCAA Tournament bracket and field has been announced, and the Long Beach State 49ers will receive a No. 12 Seed seed in the West Region. The 49ers' first opponent will be the New Mexico Lobos, and they will play on Thursday at TIME in Portland. If the 49ers win their first matchup, they will face the winner of No. 4 Louisville and No. 13 Davidson on Saturday.
The 49ers earned the No. 12 seed after winning the 2012 Big West Tournament championship. Led by 33 points from tournament MVP Casper Ware, the 49ers topped UC-Santa Barbara, 77-64. The 49ers also dominated the conference during the regular season, winning every game until losing in the final regular-season contest to Cal-State Fullerton. They will be a very tough out during the tournament.
Here's a look at the West Region of the 2012 NCAA Tournament bracket:
- No. 1 Michigan State vs. LIU, Friday 3/16/12
- No. 8 Memphis vs. No. 9 Saint Louis, Friday 3/16/12
- No. 5 New Mexico vs. No. 12 Long Beach State, Thursday 3/15/12
- No. 4 Louisville vs. No. 13 Davidson, Thursday 3/15/12
- No. 2 Missouri vs. No. 15 Norfolk State, Friday 3/16/12
- No. 7 Florida Gators vs. No. 10 Virginia, Friday 3/16/12
- No. 3 Marquette vs. No. 14 BYU/Iona, Thursday 3/15/12
- No. 6 Murray State vs. No. 11 Colorado State, Thursday 3/15/12
For more on the 49ers, visit our team page. For more coverage of Long Beach State in the 2012 NCAA Tournament, visit SB Nation Los Angeles' Storystream. Click here for a link to our NCAA bracket 2012.