The new television station, which also carries Los Angeles Lakers and LA Galaxy games, will air at least 15 West Coast Conference basketball games in the 2012-2013 season.
The new Time Warner Cable Sportsnet may not yet be on DirecTV, but it continues to add sports programming. On Monday the new network announced a long-term deal with the West Coast Conference to televise men's basketball games, beginning with the 2012-2013 season.
The network will air at least 15 games this season, including a Saturday game of the week. The Loyola Marymount Lions will be shown six times on the network, while the Pepperdine Waves will be televised five times on Time Warner Cable Sportsnet.
"West Coast Conference schools like Loyola Marymount, Pepperdine and the University of San Diego are an integral part of the Southern California sports landscape and we’re happy to give them a local TV home in Time Warner Cable SportsNet," said Mark Shuken, TWC Sports Regional Networks senior VP in a statement. "Our networks promise to give sports fans more access to their teams than they’ve had before, and our partnership with the WCC allows us to do that through more live games as well as more team programming."
Here is the schedule of WCC games on the network this season, beginning with Saturday, January 5:
- Sat., Jan. 5: LMU at Saint Mary's (1:30 p.m.)
- Sat., Jan. 12: BYU at Santa Clara (1:30 p.m.)
- Wed., Jan. 16: LMU at San Diego (7 p.m.)
- Sat., Jan. 19: LMU at San Francisco (1:30 p.m.)
- Thu., Jan. 24: Pepperdine at LMU (7 p.m.)
- Sat., Jan. 26: Santa Clara at San Diego (1:30 p.m.)
- Thu., Jan. 31: BYU at Pepperdine (7 p.m.)
- Sat., Feb. 2: Pepperdine at San Francisco (2:30 p.m.)
- Mon., Feb. 4: San Diego at LMU (7 p.m.)
- Sat., Feb. 9: Pepperdine at Portland (1 p.m.)
- Sat., Feb. 16: Gonzaga at San Francisco (1:30 p.m.)
- Sat., Feb. 16: Saint Mary's at LMU (4 p.m.)
- Sat., Feb. 23: Santa Clara at Portland (2 p.m.)
- Sat., Mar. 2: Pepperdine at San Diego (noon)
- Sat., Mar. 2: Portland at Gonzaga (2 p.m.)