The No. 6 Oregon Ducks and No. 9 Wisconsin Badgers figure to light up the scoreboard at the Rose Bowl on Monday afternoon. The two teams have combined for over 90 points and 982 offensive yards per game this season, so the end zone should be visited quite often. The over/under for the game is 73 points, per our friends at Odds Shark, and the Ducks are favored by 4½ points.
Both teams have hit the over in nine of their 13 games this season, and to surpass 73 total points at the Rose Bowl would be quite a feat. In the previous 97 Rose Bowls, the two teams have combined for 73 points just six times:
- 80 points - 1991: Washington 46, Iowa 34
- 79 points - 1963: USC 42, Wisconsin 37
- 79 points - 2006: Texas 41, USC 38
- 75 points - 2005: Texas 38, Michigan 37
- 73 points - 1986: UCLA 45, Iowa 28
- 73 points - 1996: USC 41, Northwestern 32
Expect the points to come fast and furious on Monday afternoon in Pasadena.
The 2012 Rose Bowl Game will be played on Monday, January 2, 2012 in Pasadena. Kickoff is scheduled for 2:10 p.m. PST. The game will be televised by ESPN, with Brent Musberger, Kirk Herbstreit, and Erin Andrews on the call.