The four finest words of the offseason are here, as pitchers and catchers report to Camelback Ranch today in Glendale, Arizona for the Los Angeles Dodgers. This is the third season the Dodgers have held spring training in Arizona, after moving from their longtime Dodgertown home in 2009. Today is simply reporting day, which is mostly procedural -- players checking in, taking physicals, and the like. The first workout for pitchers and catchers will be held on Thursday.
Here are important dates to remember for the Dodgers this spring:
- Today: pitchers and catchers report
- Thursday: pitchers and catchers first workout
- Monday: position players report
- Tuesday: first full-squad workout
- February 23: minor league early camp begins
- February 26: first spring training games: Dodgers have split squad games in Tempe against , and in Scottsdale against
February 27: first game at Camelback Ranch, against the Angels (on Prime Ticket)
- March 3: pitchers and catchers to report to minor league camp
- March 5: minor league pitchers and catchers first workout
- March 9: minor league position players report
- March 11: first full-squad minor league workout
The Dodgers play 33 Cactus League games in 30 days, beginning on February 26. They play a total of 17 games at Camelback Ranch, including 15 home games (and two games against the Chicago White Sox, who are their co-tenants). The Dodgers end their spring with three games in Southern California, playing the Mariners and Angels at Dodger Stadium, with a game in Anaheim against the Angels in between.
For more Dodgers spring training news and information, be sure to read True Blue LA.