The Loyola Marymount Lions have a three-game winning streak heading into Friday at Gersten Pavilion, where they will host the DoubleTree Los Angeles Westside Centennial Classic. The four-team tournament will run Friday through Sunday, and feature battles with the North Texas Mean Green, Columbia Lions, and NAIA school La Sierra Golden Eagles.
The weekend is a celebration of the 100th anniversary of Loyola Marymount University, and all four teams in the tournament will play each other once. All games will be broadcast online at LMULions.com. Here is the tournament schedule (all times PST):
Friday, December 2
- Game 1: La Sierra vs. North Texas, 2 p.m.
- Game 2: Loyola Marymount vs. Columbia, 7 p.m.
Saturday, December 3
- Game 3: North Texas vs. Columbia, 5 p.m.
- Game 4: Loyola Marymount vs. La Sierra, 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, December 4
- Game 5: Columbia vs. La Sierra, 11 a.m.
- Game 6: Loyola Marymount vs. North Texas, 1:30 p.m.
LMU is coming off an upset of the No. 23 Saint Louis Billikens, a 75-68 home win on Tuesday night, led by 22 points off the bench by LaRon Armstead. The Lions have beaten both ranked opponents they have faced this season, as the UCLA Bruins were No. 17 when they lost to LMU 69-58 on November 11. This is the first time LMU has beaten a ranked team in consecutive chances since the 1989-1990 NCAA Tournament.