The 2011 Chevron World Challenge had an eventful first round on Thursday, as Tiger Woods shot a three-under par 69 in the opening round at Sherman Oaks Country Club in Thousand Oaks, California. Woods, whose foundation is hosting the event, is paired on Friday with K.J. Choi, who shot a 66 on Thursday for a three-shot lead.
"I watched him play a couple of holes today, and I was very impressed at the way he was swinging, at his rhythm, at the power he had," Choi told the Associated Press on Thursday. "It almost seemed like watching the old Tiger back in the day."
Steve Stricker is also at three under par, while Nick Watney, Jim Furyk, and Rickie Fowler were the only others under par, all at minus one. Here are the tee times for the 18-player field in the second round on Friday (all times PST):
- 9:22 a.m.: Bill Haas (+6) and Paul Casey (+7)
- 9:33 a.m.: Keegan Bradley (+4) and Martin Laird (+5)
- 9:44 a.m.: Bo Van Pelt (+2) and Bubba Watson (+3)
- 9:55 a.m.: (+1) and Jason Day (+2)
- 10:06 a.m.: Gary Woodland (+1) and Webb Simpson (+1)
- 10:17 a.m.: Matt Kuchar (E) and Hunter Mahan (E)
- 10:28 a.m.: Jim Furyk (-1) and Rickie Fowler (-1)
- 10:39 a.m.: Steve Stricker (-3) and Nick Watney (-1)
- 10:50 a.m.: K.J. Choi (-6) and Tiger Woods (-3)
The Golf Channel will televise the second round of the Chevron World Challenge from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. PST on Friday.
For all your golf needs, be sure to read Waggle Room.